Project management is a vital and pivotal role here and while we’re keen to hear from anyone with experience, the right approach, attitude and absolute focus on quality is just as important, so if you think you’ve got what it takes, feel free to get in touch.
The role is based in Norwich, Norfolk, for at least the first 6 months, after which time remote working could be envisaged.
Translation Project Manager
As a senior translation project manager, you will represent Integro Languages as a primary contact to our clients.
The primary responsibility of a project manager is to facilitate the workflow of documents and materials through the translation process, to deliver successful outcomes for our clients.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in at least one foreign language and have experience of the translation and language services industry, either from within a Language Services company, or as a buyer of language services. An understanding of the challenges and pitfalls of translation, as well as a keen attention and focus on quality assurance is essential.
Joining a small, but growing team, the candidate will need good people skills and a strong sense of organisation.
Primary duties include:
• Client relationships
o Responding to clients’ quote requests and project requests.
o Acting as account manager for clients across the whole project process; establishing project briefs, project scopes and delivering results.
• Translation processes
o Using industry established digital tools, co-ordinating the entire translation process to the company’s established standards and overseeing quality control processes. An absolute commitment to upholding the company’s ethos of excellence through customer service will be essential.
• Linguist relationships
o Working with and supporting our resource pool of linguists; translators, proof-readers, consultants and experts.
o Assisting in the recruitment, assessment and vetting of new translators where needed.
The ideal candidate would have:
• Experience of using CAT tools (Trados, XTM etc) and an understanding of their uses and implementation in a translation workflow.
• Excellent written communication ability.
• Comfort and ease using Microsoft Office.
• Experience of the translation or language services industry, and an understanding of the various interests of linguists, LSPs, agents and clients.
• Fluency in at least one foreign (non-English) language.
Attitude / personality
• A team player – Our team is small and works closely. Tasks are shared and everyone helps each other. We work in an upbeat, collaborative environment and candidate’s involvement and contribution to this is essential.
• Willingness to learn new skills and think on your feet. As a small and growing company, we frequently meet new challenges and new opportunities, therefore adaptability, responsiveness and a positive attitude are essential.
• Ambition. This is a role which, like the company, in 1 or 5 years’ time will be bigger, with more responsibility, new challenges and requiring a team that can grow with it.
• Full driving licence and own transport are highly desirable given the office’s location, on Salhouse Road in Norwich.
• Salary offered ranges from £22k – £26k, dependant on experience.
• 25 days annual holiday in the first year. The company reserves the right to impose up to 4 days of mandatory holiday, over Christmas.
Please apply with covering letter and CV, by 1st November.